Robertson College fulfilled the major aims of educational spiritual, intellectual, physical and cultural development of students. Science faculty of this college has the honor of Centurion of its existence, as it was started in the year of 1896. The present building accommodated this college in 1956. Robertson College, named Mahakoshal Mahavidyalaya after independence had to undergo the process of bifurcation in 1962 into Mahakoshal Arts and Commerce College, and Govt Model Science College. Robertson College first affiliated to Calcutta University, (from 1836 to 1890) then Allahabad University, (from 1891 to 1922); Nagpur University, (from 1923 to 1946); Sagar University, (from 1947 to 1956) and now affiliated to Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur since 1957. Govt. Science College attained the status of Model Science College in 1985 and autonomy in the year of 1990.